In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
– William Blake
Instead of complaining about the cold weather, how about celebrating it?
Sure, if you want a winter-themed party you can go to the party store and buy all the Frozen movie products. That may be appropriate if your party is for a young, or young-at-heart, young lady.
But consider some of these ideas for hosting your own, more grownup, version of a winter party and host your own winter wonderland.
1. Choose white for your linens and decorations. White flowers, white china, and even white desserts like a lovely white cake (that doesn’t have to look like a wedding cake unless this is a winter wedding).
2. Don’t be afraid to add touches of sparking blue and silver to highlight your decor.
3. Add some white lights for extra sparkle, either on some trees or topiaries around the room or strung across the ceiling.
4. Go for a classy look by making your decor all black and white. Start with the look of piano keys and go from there. Black and white stripes, polka dots, and more can give your event an elegant look.
5. Don’t want to focus on the cold and snow? Go tropical and hold a luau complete with flamingos and flower leis for the guests.
6. For winter food consider traditional things like soups and chilis. Serve your regular cocktails, but offer things like hot chocolate and hot buttered rum.
The possibilities are endless, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money to make these work.
These are just a few ideas to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Let us know how it turns out.