The 89th Oscars will be broadcast live on ABC on February 26th.
If you can’t make it to the red carpet, consider hosting a viewing party of your own. Here are some ideas:
1. Make it a party! Invite lots of friends. The more the merrier. And don’t forget to have designated sitters to hold your friend’s seat when they get up to go to the bathroom.
2. Encourage folks to dress up. No, you don’t need a $10,000 designer gown or tux, but asks your guests to come dressed for the festive atmostphere. You can even have a prize for the Best Dressed.
3. Have your own red carpet ceremony. All you need is the entry way and your phone for this one.
4. Make it a guessing game. When the nominations come out print up your own Oscar ballot and have guests fill them out as they arrive.
5. Make it a pot luck occasion. The food is always better that way and you don’t go broke in the process. You can even have awards for best food items if you’d like. But just ask your friend to bring their favorite party foods.
7. Decorate. If you’ve got some vintage movie posters, use them. Otherwise balloons and streamers along with a few gold stars provide all the atmosphere that you need. You can even consider taping down Hollywood stars for each of your friends as they enter your home. Just make sure they’re secured enough to be walked out without tripping anyone.
And of course,
8. Watch the Oscars Live!